There is no doubt that engineering has been the most sought after career choices among the Indians since a long time. Lakhs of students appear every year for engineering entrance examsfrom all over the country. It is hard to find the latest dates, the sale of application forms whilst the stress of preparing for these exams.
To ease your load,Admission wing provides information about all the exams and keep you updated with the latest announcements. They are present in Noida and give firsthand, consistent and trustworthy information about education.
Listed below are the top engineering entrance examinations in India:
- JEE: the exam is divided into two stages; JEE main and JEE advanced. Those who manage to clear JEE main can sit in the advanced exam. So JEE main is an eligibility test for JEE advanced. The first level is conducted in first week of April and the advanced exam is conducted in May last. The advanced level is a gateway to get admission in 23 IITs of the nation.
- BITSAT: It is the admission test for BITS. It stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test. It is as tough as JEE advanced. It’s a gateway for admission in three campuses of BITS- Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
- WBJEE: Conducted in May mid every year, West Bengal Joint Engineering Examination is a popular engineering entrance examination among students. The exam challenges student to give answers on time and checks their speed above subject knowledge.
- UPSEE: Another popular engineering entrance exam is Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam conducted in April mid by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University. About 1.50 lakh seats are available for engineering in Uttar Pradesh including 4000 government seats.
- MHTCET: Conducted in first week of May, Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHTCET) is held in two phases every year and is an eligibility test to get admission in various engineering colleges of Maharashtra.
- KCET: Like the states of Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh, the state of Karnataka conducts an entrance test for taking students in its engineering colleges. Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted in first week of May every year.